Microsoft Power BI Training Courses
Joining us from Ottawa? Compuease is now part of The Great
Canadian Training family.
Same great team - Same great service.
Book Microsoft Power BI Training
Power BI is an incredible business intelligence tool that allows you to interact with and visualize your data. Our Power BI training includes three courses. These can be taken as individual 2-day classes or as an all-encompassing 5-day boot camp.
Please see each course outline for more information on the specific topics covered.
Unless otherwise noted, public training is scheduled for 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time (ET)
- Become familiar with each of the Power View, Power Pivot, Power Query, Power Map, and Power BI interfaces
- Use CSV, TXT, or Excel worksheet resources to their full potential
- Explain and use DAX syntax, data types, operators, and values
- Connect to databases and work with relationships
- Apply filters and create essential and dynamic charts and reports
- Use single table and multiple table evaluation contexts
- Create powerful reports using the Matrix, Map, Card, and Chart visualizations, along with Slicers
- Utilize the power of Data Analytic Expressions (DAX)
- Work with KPIs, hierarchies, and perspectives
Why You Need It
Power View, Power Pivot, Power Query, Power Map, and Power BI are all parts of the Business Intelligence (BI) set of tools that allows you to create powerful graphics, manage and merge datasets, and perform extremely powerful queries.
Microsoft Power Pivot DAX syntax enables you to write formulas to transform your Excel Power Pivot data with rich, powerful relationships. Combining each of the Microsoft Power BI tools will help you transform your company’s facts and figures into rich visuals. Power BI enables new ways of thinking about and organizing your data so that you can focus on reaching your goals.
- Have a hard time understanding DAX syntax and values?
- Struggle to import, filter, and merge your data in a meaningful way?
- Wish you could perform more advanced queries or create powerful graphics to showcase your queries effectively?
Our Microsoft Power BI training is the perfect solution. With it, you can acquire the Business Intelligence skills you need to manage and interpret your data with ease.
How You Learn It
In private classes, or in groups, you’ll learn from experienced, friendly instructors who know how to make you feel comfortable in your learning environment.
Our public classes are regularly scheduled and are a cost-effective way to provide training for individuals. Our experienced instructors offer engaging, practical sessions that will help you bring the skills you need to life.
A more cost-effective way to learn is with private group classes held within your organization. Here, you can train multiple students together, with the classes optimized to focus on the Power BI training topics you specifically need.
Where can I take a Power BI class? Private classes can be online, delivered at our convenient Downtown Ottawa location, or right at your location, saving you the hassle of travelling offsite. Our public classes are available online, so you can learn from anywhere.
Why Learn With Us
The Great Canadian Training & Consulting Company is patient and reliable. We will help you find and use the features you need, allowing you to work more efficiently and painlessly.
We offer private training and consulting services to address your Power BI training needs. We’ve got the experience and the passion to help you learn at your own pace and convenience.
We care and we are there for you every step of the way. We stick by you even after training is over, by ensuring your Power View, Power Pivot, Power Query, Power Map, and Power BI training success with our after-training support options as well.
Tailor or Customize
We can also provide customized Power BI training to suit your specific requirements, even using your own files if desired. You can pick and choose from our outlines to build a course especially suited to you. Let us know what you want and we’ll work with you to develop the course you’d like.
- Share details about your training needs so we can tailor your class
- Discuss your needs with one of our training coordinators
- Select the objectives you would like to focus on
- Select objectives from any of our courses to create a custom outline
- Submit files you would like to learn how to use during the class